Tuesday, April 22, 2008

First draft frenzy.

Today's the day the first drafts of department stories are due. I don't know if I can speak for the other writers, but for me at least it was a long weekend of gathering information and assembling my story, crafting a snazzy lead and a climactic ending. I worried the whole weekend about doing my subject matter justice, and it will be great to have the editors offer fresh eyes to the writing and help improve it. The editors are barreling through all of the drafts so writers can have edits done by Thursday, and drafts of the feature stories will be in next Tuesday. It's a quick turnaround, and everyone is hard at work. The clicking of keyboards fills our newsroom.

Our photo editor James is touching up our staff photographs, which should be posted next week. Speaking of pictures, here are few candid shots of our terribly attractive staff.

Until next time,
Meredith

No comments: